Having a kitchen that is well organized, stocked with healthy foods and free of nutritionally deficient ones is important if you want to upgrade the quality of food that your family is eating and make it easy to prepare quality, nutritious meals.
Below are expert tips so that your kitchen can be a place where you can easily prepare and enjoy healthy meals:
- Store items near where you use them. Store your dishes and utensils near the dishwasher. Store your pots, pans, and bake ware near the stove and oven. Make sure all your plastic ware has bottoms and lids that fit together. This will save time, energy, and space when you need to get to them or put them away.
- Arrange like with like in your pantry closet or cupboards. Keeping like with like will make it easier to know how much of an item you have and if you need to buy more. For example, keep all your pastas on a shelf, your soups on another shelf, and your condiments on a 3rd shelf.
- Keep masking tape and a Sharpie near your leftover containers and/or plastic bags. This allows you to easily label every leftover with the date and contents. Store leftovers in one place in the refrigerator. This will help you throw out food that has gotten too old and can also act as a reminder to go through your refrigerator and cabinets for any other old food items.
- Store extra plastic bags in one larger plastic bag or a container. Having all the bags in one spot makes it easier to find them when you are in a hurry and to recycle them if you don’t want to use them.
- Keep counters clear. Store seldom-used appliances in another area of the house (e.g., a shelf in a basement, hallway closet, or garage). This will give you more counter space to prepare meals.
Making some simple changes can help you get the most out of your time in the kitchen. You will save time, energy, and space by keeping things where you use them. An organized kitchen will make it easier to cook at home in order to improve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. You will save money by not making duplicate and triplicate purchases or by not eating out all the time. You’ll get more help from family members with meal preparation and clean-up because they’ll also know where things are stored. Finally, your life will be simplified, and you will be able do the things you really want to do.
BB’s Clutter Solutions is located in Cherry Hill, NJ and serves New Jersey (north and south), Philadelphia and its Pennsylvania suburbs, and New York City. Contact information: www.bb-clutter-solutions.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 856-912-0077.