Look What Can be Done in 3 Hours!
↑ Before & After in Wayne, PA ↑
Do you tell yourself that it is going to take a really long time to organize that closet or junk drawer? Do you think because of everything you have to do that you can’t organize something in 3 hours?
Think again! We are all busy, however, there are many areas that only need 3 hours or less to de-clutter and organize. All you need to do is set aside the time on your calendar and follow my 4-step Barbara’s Brilliant Blueprint process. Before you know it, you will find items that you thought you lost, will save money knowing that you don’t have to buy them again, and will have room for those things that are important to keep.
1. Begin to assess the situation – determine what you want the space to look like and what you want it to be used for
2. Build an action plan – figure out what steps you need to take to accomplish your goal
- Do you need to remove everything from the area before you start to organize?
- Do you need bags and/or boxes labelled trash, recycle, shred, and/or donate?
3. Breakdown the tasks
- Sort – put like with like
- Purge – discard anything you no longer need, want, or is broken. Put the items into those bags or boxes that you labelled trash, recycle, shred, or donate.
- Containerize – put whatever you are saving, keeping like with like, into some kind of container (plastic storage box, file folder)
- Assign a home – put the container in its home (on a shelf, under a shelf)
4. Be persistent – make it your goal every day to spend at least 5 to 15 minutes putting items back in their “homes”
“I wanted to thank you again for the great 3-hour closet organizing session. The feeling of accomplishment alone is worth the money, not to mention the appreciation I now have for just how content an organized space can make you feel. And that contentment lives on because I have learned how important it is to be disciplined and maintain what we worked so hard to establish – a home for everything and everything in its home. For example, the “before” me would save every box I would bring into the house if I thought I could use it later for a gift. The time it took me to break down each box for recycle pick-up was enough to insure I’ll be nipping this habit in the bud! The “after” me will recycle boxes, wrappings, etc. on a regular basis. Your guidance has given me a framework to build on for keeping my house in order, and I thank you for all that you did!” Sally T., Wayne PA
Where will you use Barbara’s Brilliant Blueprint? Please email me, and I will send you a tip to help get you started?
Now is your time to Go From Bedlam to Brilliance in 3 hours!!!
BB’s Clutter Solutions is located in Cherry Hill, NJ and serves New Jersey (north and south), Philadelphia and its Pennsylvania suburbs, and New York City.