Sometimes I am thankful for this time of the year. I feel like a bear in hibernation. Even though I crave sunshine and love doing things outside, I now have a good excuse to stay indoors and do things I normally wouldn’t do when the weather is gorgeous.
I can’t believe that winter is almost upon us. In fact, some parts of the country have already gotten snow. Remember the snowstorms we’ve had – cars and driveways covered, streets impassable. Depending where you live, you will not have a choice in what’s coming weather-wise.
Isn’t it hard to get up in the morning when it is still dark outside? Soon, it’ll be dark earlier as well. Where has the time gone seems to be the question of the day lately.
Being organized can help you get ready for the doldrums of winter. Here are 6 tips you can do now to prepare for what’s to come.
- Donate clothes you haven’t worn in the past couple of years. Whether or not you change your closets for the different seasons, this is a good time to make room for new items and to give what you have and no longer need or want to those less fortunate.
- Donate toys your children are no longer playing with or have outgrown. The holidays are upon us, and this is the time to make room for new ones. As with clothing, the donations will help those families less fortunate.
- Discard broken toys or any other yard equipment. Are they stored in your garage? Perhaps getting rid of them will give you room so that you can park your car in it during inclement weather.
- Have your home and car heating systems checked. The last thing you want is to not have heat on a really cold day.
- Stock up on extra water and food (canned and dried) for you, your family, and your pets in case there is a power outage.
- Make sure you know where your snow shovel and windshield scraper are and keep them handy.
- Keep an extra blanket in your car in case you get stuck.
Since there is nothing we can do about the weather change, we might as well at least be prepared. As Kin Hubbard (1868 – 1930) said “Don’t knock the weather. If it didn’t change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn’t start a conversation.” 🙂
Now is your time to go From Bedlam to Brilliance!
BB’s Clutter Solutions is located in Cherry Hill, NJ and serves New Jersey (north and south), Philadelphia and its Pennsylvania suburbs, and New York City