Less Clutter is Less Stress
Enjoy the Holidays!
It’s hard to believe the Holiday Season is upon us! Time is just flying by. It seems to me that we were just celebrating the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011. A lot has happened to many of us this past year, some good and some not so good. However, now is the time to take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty of the season.
Just like building a snowman takes some planning, so does celebrating the holidays. No matter what you are celebrating, here are five (5) tipsto help you feel less frazzled and give you more time to enjoy yourself.
1. Stop buying any new decorations, wrapping paper, kitchen utensils, or anything else holiday-related until you see what you already have. This is a great way to save money. Is it necessary to buy things when you know you already have them?
2. Store any gift-related items (for example: wrapping paper, tissue paper, cards, stamps, scissors, scotch tape, gift labels, gifts that you’ve already bought) in one place. These items will be easier to find when you need them.
3. Keep ornaments in labeled boxes. Discard any that are broken and cannot be fixed. Why keep something that you no longer need or want? Space will be freed up for what is important to you.
4. Return items to their containers and “homes” when you are finished using them. You will be less stressed the next time around when you are trying to find the item.
5. Say “No”. By saying “No”, you won’t be disappointing yourself and will have enough time to do the things that are important to you.
Wishing you a PEACEFUL and ORGANIZED
If you need some additional organizing help
during or right after the holidays, feel free to contact me.
Barbara Berman, Professional Organizer
BB’s Clutter Solutions is located in Cherry Hill, NJ and serves New Jersey (north and south), Philadelphia and its Pennsylvania suburbs, and New York City.