- Use the attached College Dorm Move-In Checklist to help gather the items your son or daughter needs.
- Keep like items with like items when packing (e.g., linens with linens, school supplies with school supplies). Remember to label the bins or boxes.
- Store everything in one area in your home. When you are ready to take your child to college, everything will be in one spot, making it easier to load your vehicle.
- Dedicate a backpack area for your child and teach him or her to give you all the papers in the backpack when he or she gets home.
- Get the backpack ready the night before and keep it in the dedicated area.
- Pack up the afterschool activity bags the night before and put them in the car. This will help with not being laden-down with lots of bags the next morning.
Most children and young adults like structure and routine. This is the perfect time to develop these habits, in addition to good organizational skills.
And, by the way, remember to discard or donate your old backpacks, totes, and clothes that don’t fit anymore – in with the new and out with the old.
Ready, Set, Go from Bedlam to Brilliance!!!
BB’s Clutter Solutions is located in Cherry Hill, NJ and serves New Jersey (north and south), Philadelphia and its Pennsylvania suburbs, and New York City. Contact information: www.bb-clutter-solutions.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, 856-912-0077.