Useful Resource List for Donations and Disposals
Hop on the Freedom Wagon – I would love for you to join me. Now is the time to finally feel liberated from your “stuff”.
Here are four (4) very good reasons to gain back your freedom:
- Get your time back to enjoy the things you love to do.
- Transform your space to meet your needs and to be more productive.
- Stop spending money on items you already have.
- Stop looking for the same items over and over again that you know you have but can’t find.
Keep in mind that when you are going through your things and deciding what to keep and what not to keep, think about holding onto what is important and means something to you. If it doesn’t have meaning, why keep it?
Whether or not you decide to go through your things by yourself or solicit help from a friend, family member, or professional organizer, here is a resource list to help get rid of your “stuff” and free up both your physical and mental space.
The Tab Group Inc – Recycling, shredding and e-waste.
- Drop off
- Check the costs at (http://tabshred.com/).
- Located at 341 Cooper Rd, West Berlin NJ 08091
Image and Attitude – a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that empowers women and men in transition by providing occupational and job-skill training programs and professional attire to help ensure employment success and self-dependency.
- Accepting men’s and women’s attire, including shoes, jewelry, and other accessories.
- Drop off
- Located at 6500 Madison Ave, Suite 13, Pennsauken NJ 08109
Durand Academy – helping individuals with special needs to learn and grow
- Accepting donations for the Thrift Store for most items (i.e., books, holiday decorations, clothes, candles, CD’s, furniture that is not stained or broken)
- To arrange for free pick-up, call 856-845-8913
- Located in Woodbury, NJ
Cherry Hill’s Department of Public Works (DPW) – electronics, batteries, light bulbs, and hazardous wastes (electronics are on the tables in front of the little shed on your right as you enter the area and hazardous wastes are towards the back of the area)
- Drop off – gates are opened 24 x 7 x 365
- 1 Perina Blvd, Cherry Hill NJ, 08003
- To arrange for a free pick-up, call 1-800-338-1448 or 215-638-1020
- To schedule a free pick-up, go to www.purpleheartpickup.org
- To arrange for a free pick-up, call 1-800-775-8387
- To schedule a free pick, go to www.scheduleapickup.com
- Accepting clothing, furniture, and household items
- To arrange for a free pick-up, call 1-800-728-7825
- To schedule a pick-up, go to www.satruck.org
- Donation value guide: http://satruck.org/donation-value-guide
Big Bothers/Big Sisters
- Accepting clothing and household items
- To arrange for a free pick-up, call 1-877-336-8828
- To schedule a pick-up, go to www.njpickup.org
Habitat for Humanity ReStores
- Use this link to find a location near you and either arrange for a pick-up or drop your items off yourself – http://www.habitat.org/ReStores/donate_goods.aspx
Animal Shelters – I use 2 in my area, but you can search for other no-kill shelters in your area.
- Accepting sheets, blankets, towels, pillows, etc.
- Drop off
- Animal Welfare Association – 509 Centennial Blvd, Voorhees NJ, 08043 – 856-424-2288
- Animal Orphanage – 419 Cooper Rd, Voorhees NJ 08043 – 856-627-9111
Planet Aid – a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that collects and recycles used clothing and shoes to protect the environment and support sustainable development in impoverished communities around the world
- Drop off
- Locate donation bins here – http://www.planetaid.org/find-a-bin
Wire Hangers – take them back to your dry cleaner (check first to see if they accept them)
Prescription Eye Glasses – take them back to the bigger box stores like Lenscrafters & America’s Best Eyeglasses and Contact Lenses
Vases – take them back to your local garden store or florist (check first to make sure they accept them)
S & S Auction, Inc – Established in 1972, S & S Auction buys, sells, and maintains a clean, permanent, all-weather facility in which auctions are held every other Monday, year round. The auctions begin at 8:00 AM and run throughout the day. Each auction features furniture, chandeliers, collectibles, glassware, and art.
- 62 Repaupo Station Road
- Repaupo, NJ 08085
Treasures from the Attic – Antique and Thrift Shop, including estate cleanouts.
- 1637 Route 206
- Southhampton, NJ 08088
- (609) 975-8294
Raks Thrift Avenue – Specializing in high-end trendy women’s clothing and accessories.
- 43 E. Kings Highway (Lantern Lane)
- Haddonfield, NJ 08033
Philadelphia Furniture Bank – Turning empty houses in welcoming homes by providing no-cost furnishings to those in need.
- 3412 J Street Lower Level,
- Philadelphia PA 19134
- 215-390-1500, ext 1301
This is only a partial list of places to donate. If you have any favorite places, please send them to me, and I will add them to this list. Where are you going to donate those items that do not mean anything to you anymore?
Now is Your Time to Go from Bedlam to Brilliance!
Referrals are the best compliments!
Serving South Jersey (including Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Salem, Ocean, Atlantic, Cape May, and Mercer counties), North Jersey, and Philadelphia (including its surrounding counties).